We are all looking forward to the full re-opening of schools, but we realise that there are also many questions regarding this. Please see below for some key points connected to Mayfield School:
Re-engagement Plan / Risk Assessment Update
- Key changes for the risk assessment will be added to reflect 8th March return changes.
- The Risk Assessment will be reviewed every week by senior staff.
- Staff have been provided kits to test themselves twice weekly in order to support identification of COVID cases.
- We will not be testing students on site due to the complexities this raises. Kits will be provided for parents wanting to test students at home (either by the school or directly from the NHS).
- Students will begin home testing upon receipt of kits.
- Under the new guidance, any parent opening a test at home has a legal commitment to log the result themselves online within 24 hours and is giving consent for the test by opening the pack.
- Any Lateral flow positive tests need to then be confirmed with a PCR test which will need to be booked at an external test centre.
- ANY POSITIVE TESTS MUST BE REPORTED TO SCHOOL.
- ANY CHILD WHO HAS HAD A POSITIVE TEST OR WHO HAS SYMPTOMS MUST BE KEPT AT HOME TO ISOLATE AND FOLLOW GOVERNMENT GUIDANCE.
- Students must attend school. Normal attendance monitoring processes apply.
- We will continue to monitor families with safe and well calls if a child does not return to school on Monday 8th.
- It is only advisory that Clinically Extremely Vulnerable (CEV) pupils don’t attend.
- Face coverings for pupils with SEND are not compulsory. We will support parents who wish to send a mask for their child to wear (only Year 7 upwards).
- We will be returning immediately to the normal timetable, and including additional intervention where required.
- Any pupil not attending school (who is not ill), will receive some home learning.
- There will not be an expectation for home learning students to join every lesson online, but this should happen at times during the week and work will be sent home for these students to challenge them and fill their days.
On site measures
- All staff have already returned to working on site (as normal).
- Staff will be wearing masks throughout the day. We will review this at Easter but the current guidance now forbids the use of visors due to the risk of new strains of COVID moving through the air more freely.
- At lunch and break times, multiple areas will be used to maintain distancing wherever possible.
- We will continue the current cleaning regime
- Touch point cleaning throughout the day
- Deeper cleaning by cleaning staff
- There will be hand sanitiser / hand washing facilities used at the point of entry for staff and pupils.
- Return of loan laptops will be requested via email / message (unless a student is remaining shielded at home).
- Classes must get adequate ventilation at all times now it is milder. Windows will be open whenever it is possible, so consider appropriate clothing for your child.
- Some staff will still be wearing full PPE (visor, mask, gloves, apron) when completing certain duties, such as personal hygiene tasks.
- Temperature checks will be done for all arriving pupils and staff until this is reviewed at Easter.
- We are restricting the number of visitors on site, so please do not attend unless you have made a previous appointment.
- All visitors will be required to follow school expectations and guidance regarding safe practices, including having temperatures taken and wearing masks whilst on site.
Interim Executive Head Teacher